The following text comes straight from the show announcement and call for submissions put out by the We Are Cedar crew. The show will be hosted at the Cedar Center in Lancaster.
Ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to announce our next art show!! it’ll be held from October 3rd until November 2nd. Submission info is as follows:
-Space is limited, so we’ll only be accepting ONE piece per artist, so bring your best!
-Please include dimensions, and artist info
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Here’s what’s happening so far:
– WAC SWAP thrift and barter corner
– A special photography series showcasing the local music scene provided by Loretta Canham of Shutterpunk Photography
– Various local artist ran workshops including leather working, jewelry making, and artist technique
– Audio and visual equipment available for recording during open hours, plus live music on a weekly basis
– A pre open mic hang out and presentation practice space
– We will be accepting donations strictly for all artists selected to show. At the end of the month, all donations will be dispersed
– An artist raffle per donation
– Various discussion panels
The show is free to enter, and we are uncensored, and without themes!! however, it is the month of Halloween, so let’s get creative!!
WE WILL BE ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FROM NOW UNTIL SEPTEMBER 24th. If chosen, you will be alerted by E-Mail, or via the phone, so make sure that you include your contact info with every submission!!
The opening reception will contain live music, and refreshments will be provided. The opening is on October 3rd from 2-8 p.m.